This splinter session aims at bringing together observers and theoreticians who conduct research on solar and stellar coronal mass ejections (CMEs). The following fundamental questions will be addressed:
- What is the current status of the observational capabilities for stellar CMEs?
- How can we use our knowledge of solar CMEs for understanding stellar CMEs?
- How can we identify the source regions of stellar CMEs?
- How do we model stellar CMEs?
- How do stellar CMEs impact their environment?
The session will cover four main topics: solar observations and simulations, stellar CME observations, stellar CME simulations, and stellar CME sources.
- Abstract submission deadline: 13 May 2022
- Notification on contribution: 1 June 2022
- Iulia Chifu (Institute for Astrophysics and Geophysics, University of Goettingen, Germany)
- Ângela Santos (IA)
- Ricardo Gafeira (IA)
- Volker Bothmer (Institute for Astrophysics and Geophysics, University of Goettingen, Germany)
The science programme is available here.